Shaping London’s future: Mayor’s Resilience Fund Winners Introduced
The Mayor of London, in partnership with Nesta Challenges, has introduced the winners of the Mayor’s Resilience Fund, a £1 million innovation programme set as much as help London’s companies and group teams to emerge stronger from COVID-19 and to make sure the capital is ready for future disruptive challenges.
The winners have been declared on the Mayor’s Resilience Fund Awards Ceremony, which convened main London metropolis leaders, representatives from every of the start-ups, in addition to a variety of specialists, who shared their views about London’s prospects and alternatives.
The Mayor of London recognized the ten challenges by working intently with native authorities, public companies, social enterprises, and group teams throughout the capital (collectively recognized as Resilience Companions). These issues have been then put to the town’s best innovators, who have been challenged to make use of new applied sciences and artistic methods to resolve them.
• Activating Excessive Streets: Sqwyre by Whythawk – A industrial location database supporting analysis into enterprise properties and contributing to decreasing emptiness charges.
• Reasonably priced Workspace: Open-Supply Platform for Reasonably priced Workspace Match Out by Arbeit Undertaking – An simply adaptable match out mannequin that provides a cheap resolution for newly constructed/shell & core areas or empty premises, aiming to cut back property prices for the top consumer.
• Public Markets: OpenMarkets.London by Tabled – The venture will make it simpler to use for a buying and selling license throughout London’s native authority markets.
• Native Meals: Spaze Meals Administration Platform by Spaze – A cloud-based useful resource administration platform that allows a systemic coordination of all native meals stakeholders to successfully handle the provision and demand of meals to deal with meals insecurity.
• Gig Economic system: Finmo – Finmo’s resolution builds on their present platform, the place they supply software program for multi-job employees to trace their earnings and bills and affordably file a tax return. They are going to then develop this additional to permit gig economic system employees to know their take-home pay and the way their web hourly wage compares to the Dwelling Wage.
• Air High quality: HEAL – Wholesome Air High quality Impacts in Lambeth by BlockDox – An clever resolution for Lambeth and different London Boroughs to mannequin and assess well being impacts from air high quality interventions.
• Renewable Vitality: Royal Docks Floating Photo voltaic by Renewable Connections Developments Restricted – A floating photo voltaic array in London’s Royal Docks that may present clear renewable power on to London’s Metropolis Airport, in addition to different native clients.
• Good Mobility: DynamicLink by Kale Collective – A one-stop platform for the on-demand optimisation of freight journeys for operators. Primarily based on the operator’s selections, the platform learns to anticipate and helps with the proactive fleet administration, supporting your long-term logistics methods.
• Bereavement Providers: Loss in Translation by Aside of Me – A peer led grief activism venture that goals to empower younger folks from minority ethnic backgrounds to remodel their grief into compassion.
• COVID-Secure Journey: The Aubin Journey Planner by JNCTION – A brand new door-to-door journey planner and companion app which empowers folks to journey confidently when utilizing public transport throughout Covid.
The total checklist of winners might be considered right here.