New ‘Work-From-Wherever Index’ Reveals Prime 10 Cities for Digital Nomads
The digital nomad life-style has been a rising development over the previous decade, with developments in expertise and digital connectivity making it doable for increasingly folks to work from anyplace.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, thousands and thousands of distant staff have been added to the worldwide workforce in 2020 and 2021, quickly accelerating this development.
Whereas a number of forward-thinking cities and international locations have not too long ago launched digital nomad visas to draw this high-earning demographic, most locations have but to make the leap. Nevertheless, many locations that lack such visas nonetheless have so much to supply distant staff.
To assist digital nomads separate the wheat from the chaff when selecting a house base, Nestpick created “The Work-from-Wherever Index,” a listing rating the world’s 75 greatest cities for distant staff.
The on-demand housing web site ranked the cities primarily based on their residing prices, infrastructure, laws, freedoms and livability. Listed below are their high 10 choices:
1. Melbourne, Australia Melbourne nabbed the highest spot by having a digital nomad visa, low value of residing, nice digital nomad infrastructure, quick web, glorious range scores and top-notch healthcare. Nevertheless, watch out for its low COVID-19 vaccination fee.
2. Dubai, United Arab Emirates Dubai’s digital nomad visa, zero earnings tax scheme, low value of residing, speedy Wi-Fi, stable security report and robust COVID-19 vaccination fee have been adequate for second place. Nevertheless, it has the worst gender and LGBTQ+ equality scores of all 75 cities on the record.
3. Sydney, Australia Like Melbourne, Sydney affords a digital nomad visa, next-level digital nomad infrastructure, quick web, glorious range scores and nice healthcare, however its greater value of residing pushed it down to 3rd place.
4. Tallinn, Estonia Estonia was one of many first European international locations to launch a digital nomad visa in response to the pandemic. That program, mixed with low-cost value of residing, glorious web speeds and excessive range scores, handed Tallinn the fourth spot on the record.
5. London, United Kingdom London isn’t low-cost, and it doesn’t provide a digital nomad visa. Nevertheless, it has one of many highest digital nomad infrastructure scores within the high 10, sky-high range scores, world-class healthcare and a excessive COVID-19 vaccination fee, which was adequate for fifth place.
6. Tokyo, Japan Tokyo enjoys stable digital nomad infrastructure, web, range and healthcare scores, however its excessive value of residing and abysmal COVID-19 vaccination fee pushed it right down to the sixth spot.
7. Singapore Singapore’s house workplace prices are the best within the high 10, nevertheless it has a comparatively low earnings tax fee, glorious digital nomad infrastructure, good range scores and nice healthcare.
8. Glasgow, United Kingdom Glasgow shares most of London’s excessive scores on digital nomad infrastructure, range, healthcare and COVID-19 vaccinations, nevertheless it has a better earnings tax fee.
9. Montreal, Canada The lone North American metropolis within the high 10, Montreal affords reasonably priced house workplace prices, nice digital nomad infrastructure, top-tier range scores and glorious healthcare.
10. Berlin, Germany Germany has a freelancer visa program, quick web, enviable digital nomad infrastructure and variety scores and stable healthcare, however its excessive earnings tax fee pushed it right down to tenth place.